Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Another day...

Another day, Tuesday, and what an upside-down-topsy-turvy kinda day it was! Here's why....

Last day of school holidays
I love spending time with my 'Lil Mr and 'Lil Miss, but as any parent knows the school holidays are exhausting!

Entertaining two young children can be challenging at the best of times, a roller-coaster of fun yes, but throw Autism in the mix and the bar is raised. Yes, Autism....that can put a completely different spin on life. Don't get me wrong, I love my beautiful man more than I could ever express, he has taught me so much about life AND myself on this journey on the "A-train" but phew! Mummy needs a holiday!

So what did I do "for a break" on this final day? Why I took my darling 'Lil Miss for a quick shopping expedition. Quite possibly not my brightest idea, particularly as I've been out flat with flu & what-not for the last 5 days, compounded with people manically shopping, kids screaming, frazzled parents everywhere and me with an almost 3 year-old in tow doing what she does best (shouldn't complain, she gets her determination from me LOL). So when the going gets tough, Mummy calls a time out so we can stop for a treat in order to calm, collect & sit for a mo' whilst I grab myself a yummy coffee.....ahhhhhhh bliss!

coffee heart art by Judith Bartos on art.com

And then there was...
Calm, mostly, and home again. With one child (thankfully!) sleeping & the other digging in (read - digging up) the garden it's time to grab some 'Lil Things time, scribble out some new ideas & check in on the Facebook world and BANG! It almost slaps me in the face.

There it was, another competitor page who had launched their "unique" reversible product. SLAP! Ouch! One of my products, copied. I know it happens, see it far too much, and then there is was again....SLAP! SLAP! Not only was the product idea copied but the copy I use to market the very product was too. Grrrrrr.
Yes folks, this is one of my biggest gripes. Sure, there's many players in the market (handmade or otherwise) so there always will be similarities but the blatant use of "selling" their concept their product in the manner as mine...you guessed it, I was not happy!

What does one do in times like these? Time to call my mum. You're never to old to need your mum. So buoyed by her words, and those of other 'Lil Things likers (yes, had a little whinge there too) the day moves onwards and upwards.

The day draws to a close
A peaceful dinner, well as peaceful as can be with two cheeky monkeys, then pride. My 'Lil Mr eating, using his fork, managing mostly by himself just prompted verbally, no shoveling food too fast, just calm with his sister by his side cheering him on as I do & giving him high 5's. 

These are the small victories, the moments where my heart swells with pride, simple milestones others may take for granted....yes, in the end it was another day but it ended in such a good way.

Time to say 'til next time, so until then...


~ Live ~ Love ~ Laugh ~ Breathe ~ Believe ~

D

2 comments:

  1. copycats are everywhere! out to make a quick $ with no imagination of their own. The reality is that its always going to happen in the virtual would, it unavoidable. I would say post less detail and more angled pics of your designs. Maybe descibe the details in text instead of putting 5 pics of the same item to show its design. I know ppl want to see as much detail as possible but you need to protect your work and if ppl need to contact you for more detailed pics then so be it. At least you know they are a genuine customer (you hope). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice :) definately will be using some of those suggestions...until the website is finally launched! xx

    ReplyDelete